Kyustendil: Pre-trial proceedings instituted over wildfire near Dupnitsa14 August 2019 | 16:45 | FOCUS News Agency
Chimev gave an impromptu press conference today at the scene. "As early as April 2, 2018, I warned the road agency in a letter that a company was dumping wastes on properties located right under the motorway overpass. You can see the letter clearly stating that the waste accumulation is a prerequisite for fire hazards that could affect part of the motorway, for which I urged that the necessary competent measures be taken. Here is another letter to the regional environment inspection in Pernik from June last year about this "ticking bomb". We have instituted legal action against the user of the properties, who is not their owner, we have won at first instance, appeals are now underway," said the mayor.
"The fire engines are here to monitor the situation. Some spots are still smouldering but for now there is no danger of fire restarting,” Chimev said.
He further said that the laboratory results have shown that the air does not pose risk to residents.
© 2019 All rights reserved. Citing Focus Information Agency is mandatory!